Thank you for your interest in becoming a foster family for Kitties For Keeps Rescue.
Our foster program is designed to help the cats and kittens we’ve rescued from high-kill shelters, or stray and abandoned cats, get a second chance at finding a home — a chance they most likely would not have gotten at those kill shelters.
Your generosity provides our rescued pets a chance to decompress, heal and grow before finding their forever homes. The Foster Program plays an integral part in our rescue’s ability to find homes for cats and kittens who might not have that chance. Fostering is a very rewarding experience. Foster pets provide companionship and purpose. Your act of kindness is repaid in rewards that are beyond words.
WHAT DO FOSTER FAMILIES NEED TO PROVIDE?
Foster families should be compassionate, caring and patient and provide their foster pets with:
• A healthy and safe indoor environment for their foster pet, preferably a seperate room or bedroom in your home.
• Transportation to and from local veterinarians if needed. ( All veterinary care is paid for)
• Socialization and time to help teach pets positive family and pet relationships.
• Lots of exercise and positive stimulation to help them develop into great pets.
• High quality food. While it’s appreciated if fosters can provide food, Kitties for Keeps Rescue can assist if necessary.
By offering your love, time, energy, support and home to a kitten or cat in need, you help prepare the animal for transitioning into a permanent home. Kitties For Keeps Rescue is always looking for foster homes and we provide all veterinary care and medicine for foster kittens and cats, plus plenty of support to foster parent volunteers.
We are run solely on donations from the public.
Foster animals include: those waiting to find their forever home, those too young for adoption, animals recovering from illness , injury or surgery, cats and kittens in need of extra socialization. When ready for adoption, we ask if you can bring the animals to adoption events held at Petco and other locations within proximity of the foster home.
Foster parents are welcome to help in the re-homing process by sharing photos, facebook posts, attending adoption locations such as Petco, Pet Supplies Plus or other stores near the foster family's location on set adoption days.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, please fill out our foster application, which can be found under "Applications", call us at (708) 887-8337 or reach us via email at KittiesForKeepsRescue@gmail.com
• A healthy and safe indoor environment for their foster pet, preferably a separate room or bedroom in your home.